Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echlos

A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.

When I was fourteen, I made a decision. If I was doomed to live in a trailer park next to an airport, I could complain about the smell of the jet fuel like my mom, I could drink myself to death over the noise like everybody else, or I could learn to fly.

Heaven Beach, South Carolina, is anything but, if you live at the low-rent end of town. All her life, Leah Jones has been the grown-up in her family, while her mother moves from boyfriend to boyfriend, letting any available money slip out of her hands. At school, they may diss Leah as trash, but she’s the one who negotiates with the landlord when the rent’s not paid. At fourteen, she’s the one who gets a job at the nearby airstrip.

But there’s one way Leah can escape reality. Saving every penny she can, she begs quiet Mr. Hall, who runs an aerial banner-advertising business at the airstrip and also offers flight lessons, to take her up just once. Leaving the trailer park far beneath her and swooping out over the sea is a rush greater than anything she’s ever experienced, and when Mr. Hall offers to give her cut-rate flight lessons, she feels ready to touch the sky.

By the time she’s a high school senior, Leah has become a good enough pilot that Mr. Hall offers her a job flying a banner plane. It seems like a dream come true . . . but turns out to be just as fleeting as any dream. Mr. Hall dies suddenly, leaving everything he owned in the hands of his teenage sons: golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson. And they’re determined to keep the banner planes flying.

Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business—until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers—and the consequences could be deadly.





Such a RushSuch a Rush by Jennifer Echols

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I never thought this would be a book I liked. It had to do with airplanes and you never see a book with airplanes in it. I was wrong. Jennifer Echols did a marvelous job on this book. It was captivating. I could put this book down. I have read this book 3 times and it I just love it. It has everything a teen book should have and more!!! Two brothers, one girl. Romance, betrayal, tension, and understanding. It has everything. I totally recommend it for those who want a YA book that has everything your looking for and then some.

Leah is a brave girl who has to rely on herself to get things done. She is someone who doesn't put up with the tough stuff in life. She is someone I want as a friend. Grayson is an adrenaline junkie turned airport boss. He wants everything to go his way or no way. Alec is the golden boy with a desire for something different. (It's a taboo for Grayson!!!) Leah is forced to do something for Grayson. Something she never would have thought she would have to do. Grayson needs Leah, but not for the reason you think.

THis books is a five star book. I would give it more stars if I could. ITS A TO-READ BOOK!!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment